Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Cynthia's mom is now with the Lord







( Abe and Cynnthia singing hymns for most of the attendees who are not Christians, Tama & Isao's wedding, 1939, Tama & Isao's 70th anniversary 2009)

At the end of January, Tama, Cynthia's mom, had a stroke and had been in the hospital all of February. However, she went home to be with the Lord on March 1, 2010. We immediately left for Japan so I could officiate her funeral. Tama and Isao, Cynthia's father had their 70th wonderful wedding anniversary last year. For us they are a model couple. Isao, after losing his lovely wife, needs lots of comfort though, although his greatest need is His salvation. Her funeral was conducted at Shinohara Assembly of God. Over 150 people gathered together but most were non-Christians. My mother-in-law gave me the best opportunity to preach through her death. I simply preached an evangelical sermon. In Japan, usually there are two times to preach because they not only have a funeral service but also an 'eve of funeral' service. I spoke about resurrection and the cross. I knew some of the attendees wouldn't like these messages, but I still gave them. I think that for many, it was the first time to hear the Gospel directly. I think even in Tama's passing God was able to be glorified.

No comments:

Post a Comment